HoudahGeo: Know where you took that photo!
HoudahGeo "pins" photos to locations where they were taken. Professional grade processing. Mac ease of use.
Just like an expensive GPS camera, HoudahGeo can store latitude, longitude and altitude information right within the image file - invisibly with no loss of quality.
HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags.
HoudahGeo projects may be published to EveryTrail or viewed and shared using Google Earth.
Geotagged photos may be saved to Evernote or uploaded to Flickr or locr.
One-stop geocoding for the Mac
HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
- Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr, EveryTrail or locr
GPS device: optional
HoudahGeo offers you many ways of geocoding your favorite photos:
- Automatic: Matches photos to GPS track logs and waypoints. GPX, NMEA, Sony LOG, Wintec TES, …
- iPhone / iPad: Matches photos to reference photos taken using iPhone
- Using a map: Pick locations using the built-in map
- Using Google Earth: Point to the desired location
- Precision: Attach photos to GPS waypoints
- Manual: Enter coordinates found on Google Earth, Wikipedia, ...
GPS device: supported
HoudahGeo connects directly to many brands and models of GPS track loggers. It also reads GPX, NMEA, LOG, TES, … and TCX files created by third party software.
Not only is the program excellent, but the support is top grade
Dmj @ MacUpdate.com
Great tool for geoencoding !
Graham-Berks @ MacUpdate.com
Superb utility for geotagging
Excellent and responsive developer
sjgoodenough_dotmac @ CNet.com
It works - every time!
onemoremile @ CNet.com
Great Software and Developer
masdeirf @ VersionTracker.com
Spectacular. 5 stars
CNET Editors @ download.cnet.com
HoudahGeo short introduction
More HoudahGeo screencasts
MacUpdate.com: 4.5/5 based on 17 customer reviews