Companion to Apple Photos for Mac
Photos Workbench works with Apple Photos for macOS to help you organize your photos.
Add Location Information
Photos Workbench has a large map. Assign or edit locations:
- Drag-and-drop photos onto the map
- Move map pins to adjust locations
- Work incrementally:
- Center the map on the starting location
- Assign that location to your first photo
- Adjust the map to move the center to your next stop
- Assign that location to the next photo
- Repeat: Nudge the map by the distance traveled between photos
Geocode Using GPS Data
Photos Workbench can use GPX files from your GPS device or track-logger app to easily assign locations to a series of photos.
Batch Change Titles
Add descriptive titles to your photos:
- Find & Replace: Batch rename photos by replacing text in their current title
- Name Format: Set up a name format for all selected photos to follow. Build the new titles from date, time, camera make and model, image dimensions, and a sequence number
Keywords help organize, mark, and find photos.
- Keyword Palettes: With custom keyword palettes, the right keyword is only a click away
- Keyboard shortcuts: With shortcuts, you can add or remove a keyword with a single keypress
Rate your photos on a 5-star scale. Mark and find your best photos.
Photos Workbench can filter photos by rating so you can quickly view your favorite shots. Star ratings translate to keywords in the Apple Photos application.
Compare and Rate Photos
Pick the best shot in a series or the best version of the same photo.
The key is to compare photos in pairs. View two photos side-by-side and pick the best one. Keep that photo and compare it to the next candidate. Continue until you have seen each photo and compared it to the best one so far.
Get Photos Workbench Beta
Photos Workbench requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Photos library. The beta is free to try.
Sign up for news about Photos Workbench. We will send you a download link shortly.
We will keep you posted about Photos Workbench beta releases. Expect only a couple of messages.
Subscribe to our regular newsletter for product news, tips & tricks, and special offers.