Type2Phone: Virtual Bluetooth Keyboard
Use your Mac to type on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.
Type2Phone emulates a Bluetooth keyboard and is just as easy to set up. No extra app is needed.
Why waste money and desk space on a second keyboard?
You already have a keyboard connected to or build into your Mac.
- Text faster by using your Mac's full-sized keyboard
- Paste passwords, addresses, etc. from your Mac to your mobile device
- Reply to emails on accounts configured only on your iPhone
- Control your Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)
- Use a single keyboard with all your devices
- Connects automatically as you start typing
- Disconnects when idle or sent to the background (optional)
- Command-Tab in and out of Type2Phone
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for all your devices
- Copy-paste text from Mac to iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
- AppleScript to automate text input
- Support for Mac OS X dictation (10.8 or later)
- Support for TextExpander on Mac
- Support for iOS Voice Over
Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
- On your Mac, open System Preferences > Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is on and discoverable. Leave System Presences open.
- Start Type2Phone. Leave it running and frontmost.
- On the iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the name of your Mac to start the pairing procedure.
Please note: If your Mac and iOS device had been previously paired, you first need to undo the pairing on both ends. Have each device forget the other. Then go through the above procedure.
Type2Phone requires OS X 10.6.6 or later.
Type2Phone 3.0 has been tested with iOS 9.1 and OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Perfect Companion to iPhone5/ 5stars
Very Slick5/ 5stars
Great app. Worth buying5/ 5stars
Funktioniert einwandfrei5/ 5stars
Best bluetooth keyboard for iPhone5/ 5stars
Houdah Software Newsletter
Sign up to receive product news and special offers.